A fireplace that ripped by means of a 33-storey tower block within the southern South Korean metropolis of Ulsan has been introduced underneath management, native media stated.
Hundreds had been earlier evacuated from the constructing and greater than 80 individuals are in hospital for smoke inhalation.
The blaze reportedly began at about 23:00 native time (14:00 GMT) on Thursday and was unfold by excessive winds.
After greater than 13 hours, firefighters managed to cease the unfold of the flames, stated Yonhap News.
The South Korean information company stated sturdy winds had initially made it tough to manage the hearth.
The fireplace broke out between the eighth and 12th flooring of the Samhwan Art Nouveau industrial and residential constructing, which has about 120 households and purchasing items.
One eyewitness instructed Yonhap information company: “Suddenly, the hearth got here up. The home windows had been damaged and the lounge and bed room lit up.”
Another instructed YTN News of “exterior materials”, presumably insulation, hooked up to the surface of the constructing that induced the hearth to unfold shortly.
Authorities haven’t confirmed what induced the hearth, however Yonhap stated an investigation can be opened.